Create a Minnesota State StarID account
- What is a StarID account?
- I already have a Minnesota State StarID.
- I have questions about information privacy.
Information Privacy Notice
To assist the creation of a unique user account, the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system is asking you to provide information that includes private and/or confidential information under state and federal law.
You are not legally required to provide the information we are requesting; however, we may not be able to process your request for an online account if you do not provide enough information.
With some exceptions, unless you consent to further release of private information, access to this information will be limited to school officials, including faculty who have legitimate educational interests in the information. Under certain circumstances, federal and state laws authorize release of private information without your consent:
- to other schools in which you seek or intend to enroll, or are enrolled;
- to federal, state or local officials for purposes of program compliance, audit or evaluation;
- as appropriate in connection with your application for, or receipt of, financial aid;
- to your parents, if your parents claim you as a dependent student for tax purposes;
- if the information is sought with a subpoena, court order, or otherwise permitted by other state or federal law, and
- to an organization engaged in educational research or an accredited agency.
Already have a Student ID?
If you have a Student ID (Tech ID) from a Minnesota State institution, you will still need to create an account if you wish to apply to a different institution. You can also create an account so you can register for public courses at a Minnesota State institution. You can do that here.
- Create an account from my Student ID (Tech ID) at Bemidji State University
- Create an account from my Student ID (Tech ID) at another Minnesota State institution.
You will be asked to log in first.
What is a StarID Account?
A StarID account lets you register for open public courses at any college and university within the Minnesota State system. Going forward, your StarID will be used to register for classes, check your grades, pay bills and many more features throughout your lifecycle as a Minnesota State student.