< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Introduction to Sociology
Spring 2020, Section 41
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|000055||SOC||1050||41||Introduction to Sociology||3.0||Full||
|1/13/2020 - 5/15/2020||n/a||Arranged||OnLine Campus Online||
- Go to https://ridgewater.learn.minnstate.edu to start your online course.
- On-line only - extra fee charged
|Offered through: Ridgewater College.|
|Campus: Ridgewater College.||Location: Online/Multi-Site Web Enhanced.|
|Status: Full||Size: 45||Enrolled: 45||Seats Remaining: 0|
The last day to add this course is 5 business day(s) after January 13, 2020. The last day to drop this course is 5 business day(s) after January 13, 2020.
The last day to withdraw from this course is April 21, 2020.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$50.70|
|PICK ONE-BK OR EBOOK REQ|
|SOCIOLOGY IN OUR TIMES:ESSENTIALS|
|SOCIOLOGY IN OUR TIMES: THE ESSENTIALS|
|To Be Determined|
|A 1 BINDER HAS BEEN ADDED TO THIS COURSE BECAUSE THE BOOK IS LOOSE LEAF OR IT HAS A LOOSE LEAF STUDENT MANUAL.|
Goal 05 - Hist/Soc/Behav Sci
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.
Goal 07 - Human Diversity
- Understand the development of and the changing meanings of group identities in the United States' history and culture.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the individual and institutional dynamics of unequal power relations between groups in contemporary society.
- Analyze their own attitudes, behaviors, concepts and beliefs regarding diversity, racism, and bigotry.
- Describe and discuss the experience and contributions (political, social, economic, etc.) of the many groups that shape American society and culture, in particular those groups that have suffered discrimination and exclusion.