< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Summer 2019, Section 01
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|5/28/2019 - 6/27/2019||M W||10:15am - 12:30pm||Century East Campus 2868||
|5/28/2019 - 6/27/2019||n/a||na - na||Online Classes ONLINE||
- ESCI 1080.01 meets for 6 weeks May 28-Jun 27.
|Offered through: Century College.|
|Campus: Century College.||Location: Century College.|
|Status: Open||Size: 40||Enrolled: 27||Seats Remaining: 13|
The last day to add this course is 0 business day(s) after May 28, 2019. The last day to drop this course is 4 business day(s) after May 28, 2019.
The last day to withdraw from this course is June 21, 2019.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$61.83|
Goal 03 - Natural Science
- Demonstrate understanding of scientific theories.
- Formulate and test hypotheses by performing laboratory, simulation, or field experiments in at least two of the natural science disciplines. One of these experimental components should develop, in greater depth, students' laboratory experience in the collection of data, its statistical and graphical analysis, and an appreciation of its sources of error and uncertainty.
- Evaluate societal issues from a natural science perspective, ask questions about the evidence presented, and make informed judgments about science-related topics and policies.
Goal 10 - People/Environment
- Explain the basic structure and function of various natural ecosystems and of human adaptive strategies within those systems.
- Describe the basic institutional arrangements (social, legal, political, economic, religious) that are evolving to deal with environmental and natural resource challenges.
- Evaluate critically environmental and natural resource issues in light of understandings about interrelationships, ecosystems, and institutions.
- Propose and assess alternative solutions to environmental problems.