< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Latino/Hispanic Cultural Competency: Introductory Concepts
Fall 2019, Section 22
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|001120||ETHS||250||22||Latino/Hispanic Cultural Competency: Introductory Concepts||4.0||Full||
|8/24/2019 - 12/15/2019||n/a||na - na||n/a||
- Note: This is a completely online faculty-designed independent study. No required proctored exams. Intermediate computer/Internet skills required. For online learning and course access information go to www.metrostate.edu/solr.
- Community Engagement
- Racial Issues Graduation Requirement
|Offered through: Metropolitan State University.|
|Campus: Metropolitan State University.||Location: z MnSCU Metropolitan State University.|
|Status: Full||Size: 10||Enrolled: 10||Seats Remaining: 0|
Adding course is closed. Dropping course is closed.
The last day to withdraw from this course is November 25, 2019.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$144.44|
Goal 06 - Humanities/Fine Arts
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within an historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.
Goal 07 - Human Diversity
- Understand the development of and the changing meanings of group identities in the United States' history and culture.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the individual and institutional dynamics of unequal power relations between groups in contemporary society.
- Analyze their own attitudes, behaviors, concepts and beliefs regarding diversity, racism, and bigotry.
- Describe and discuss the experience and contributions (political, social, economic, etc.) of the many groups that shape American society and culture, in particular those groups that have suffered discrimination and exclusion.
- Demonstrate communication skills necessary for living and working effectively in a society with great population diversity.