< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
College Algebra: Learning Community: TEAM: Technology
Fall 2020, Section 02
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|001098||MATH||115||02||College Algebra: Learning Community: TEAM: Technology||4.0||Open||
||Completely Online - Synchronous|
|8/25/2020 - 12/11/2020||T F||11:00am - 12:40pm||To Be Determined TBA||
- Note: Course delivery method has been converted to remote online with synchronous meetings as noted on schedule. Note: This is a completely online course, not an independent study. Course has required synchronous online meetings as noted on schedule that require intermediate computer/Internet skills, webcam and microphone and may require remotely proctored exams. For online learning and course access information go to www.metrostate.edu/solr.
- Prerequisite: A grade of C- or higher in MATH 98 or MATH 102, or placement at MATH 115 College Algebra on the mathematics assessment test offered by the Placement Assessment Office. Those who have completed intermediate algebra or equivalent at other institutions would contact the Math and Statistics Department for an override at MATH@metrostate.edu. Note: Registration for this course is only open to freshman students in the TEAM=Technology: Exploration, Assessment and Majors learning community. Students should be concurrently registered for the learning community with specific sections of METR 101-05, ICS 140-02, and MATH 115-02. Students placing into MATH 098 may register for METR 101-05, MATH 098-02, and WRIT 121-01.To register for this learning community or more information, contact Ping Wang at email@example.com or 651-793-1347. Any remaining seats will open Aug. 10, 2020.
- Online Participation Required First Week of Class.
|Offered through: Metropolitan State University.|
|Campus: Metropolitan State University.||Location: z MnSCU Metropolitan State University.|
|Status: Open||Size: 32||Enrolled: 30||Seats Remaining: 2|
- This course requires any of these 10 prerequisites
- MATH 098 - Introduction to Mathematical Thinking (Minimum grade: 1.66 GPA Equivalent)
- MATH 102 - Mathematics of Sustainability (Minimum grade: 1.66 GPA Equivalent)
- A score of 22 on test ACT Math
- A score of 50 on test Accuplacer College Level Math
- A score of 530 on test OLD-SAT Math
- A score of 530 on test SAT Math Composite
- A score of 530 on test SAT Math Test
- A score of 1158 on test MN Comprehensive Assessment Math
- A score of 250 on test Accuplacer NG Advanced Algebra Functions
- A score of 2.8 on test Mathematics GPA
Adding course is closed. Dropping course is closed.
The last day to withdraw from this course is November 23, 2020.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$148.44|
- Illustrate historical and contemporary applications of mathematical/logical systems.
- Clearly express mathematical/logical ideas in writing.
- Explain what constitutes a valid mathematical/logical argument(proof).
- Apply higher-order problem-solving and/or modeling strategies.