< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Deviance and Social Control
Fall 2020, Section 01
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|001007||SOC||306||01||Deviance and Social Control||4.0||Open||
||Completely Online - Synchronous|
|8/24/2020 - 12/7/2020||M||6:00pm - 9:20pm||n/a||
- Note: This course has been converted to online.
- Note: This is a completely online course, not an independent study. Course has required synchronous online meetings. To participate in the course, students must have access to a microphone, camera, and internet. Students will have to access D2L. May require remotely proctored exams that require a webcam and microphone. Intermediate computer/Internet skills required. For online learning and course access information go to www.metrostate.edu/solr.
|Offered through: Metropolitan State University.|
|Campus: Metropolitan State University.||Location: z MnSCU Metropolitan State University.|
|Status: Open||Size: 32||Enrolled: 18||Seats Remaining: 14|
- Requires minimum credits: 30
Adding course is closed. Dropping course is closed.
The last day to withdraw from this course is November 23, 2020.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$148.44|
Goal 05 - Hist/Soc/Behav Sci
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.
Goal 07 - Human Diversity
- Understand the development of and the changing meanings of group identities in the United States' history and culture.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the individual and institutional dynamics of unequal power relations between groups in contemporary society.
- Analyze their own attitudes, behaviors, concepts and beliefs regarding diversity, racism, and bigotry.
- Describe and discuss the experience and contributions (political, social, economic, etc.) of the many groups that shape American society and culture, in particular those groups that have suffered discrimination and exclusion.