< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Master of Liberal Studies Explorations: Social Media and Digital Identities
Fall 2021, Section 01
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|000523||MLS||620||01||Master of Liberal Studies Explorations: Social Media and Digital Identities||4.0||Open||
|8/24/2021 - 11/30/2021||T||6:00pm - 9:20pm||St Johns Hall 153||
- Per Department Chair, Change Message code 9999 to say: Note: Graduate students admitted to other Metro State programs may register for MLS 620, with the director's permission. Please see the Liberal Studies MA webpage for the director's contact information: https://www.metrostate.edu/academics/programs/liberal-studies-ma This course combines reduced classroom time with significant online work. Intermediate computer/Internet skills required. For online learning and course access information go to www.metrostate.edu/solr. The first meeting will be online. Future meetings may continue online as communicated by the instructor. Meeting dates: Aug. 24 (Online); Sept. 7, 21; Oct. 5, 19; Nov. 2, 16, 30.
- This course will explore the ways in which social media influence users' digital identities and self-presentation. The course will explore specific topics related to misinformation/disinformation, surveillance capitalism, the role of social media and gaming in perpetuating or combating stereotypes, and the contribution of mainstream media to political polarization and dissent. We will use readings, writing, and class discussions as avenues for exploration of these issues.
- Note: Information explaining the differences between course types and the in-person instruction plans can be found at: https://www.metrostate.edu/deliverymethods
|Offered through: Metropolitan State University.|
|Campus: Metropolitan State University.||Location: z MnSCU Metropolitan State University.|
|Status: Open||Size: 18||Enrolled: 8||Seats Remaining: 10|
- Restricted to the following major(s): Master of Liberal Studies
- Requires students to be admitted.
Adding course is closed. Dropping course is closed.
The last day to withdraw from this course is November 22, 2021.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$148.44|