< New Search Continue to Review My Plan >
Diversity in the American Experience
Summer 2020, Section 54
|ID #||Subj||#||Sec||Title||Dates||Days||Time||Crds||Status||Instructor||Delivery Method||Loc|
|000192||CMTY||222||54||Diversity in the American Experience||3.0||Open||
|5/18/2020 - 8/6/2020||n/a||n/a||n/a||
- Online Course.
|Offered through: St. Cloud State University.|
|Campus: St. Cloud State University.||Location: SCSU-Online.|
|Status: Open||Size: 20||Enrolled: 18||Seats Remaining: 2|
Adding course is closed. Dropping course is closed.
The last day to withdraw from this course is July 21, 2020.
|Approximate Course Fees:||$290.83|
Goal 05 - Hist/Soc/Behav Sci
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.
Goal 07 - Human Diversity
- Understand the development of and the changing meanings of group identities in the United States' history and culture.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the individual and institutional dynamics of unequal power relations between groups in contemporary society.
- Analyze their own attitudes, behaviors, concepts and beliefs regarding diversity, racism, and bigotry.
- Describe and discuss the experience and contributions (political, social, economic, etc.) of the many groups that shape American society and culture, in particular those groups that have suffered discrimination and exclusion.